Roof windows play a vital role in the overall look of your home. Whether you are installing new windows or replacing the old roof windows with the other ones, whatever you choose from the either will majorly affect the overall look of your room. Not only it impacts the appearance of the room or house, but also, it increases energy efficiency as well as increases the value of your house therefore, one should follow the below steps when choosing the right velux windows.
- Figure out what the customer wants
Before choosing the right kind of windows for your home, there are some of the things that should be considered beforehand. These aspects include the personal needs of the user as well as the functionality of the room too. Some of the basics are;
- What type of the room is it? Whether it is a bathroom, bedroom, living room, kitchen etc?
- How much of the view and daylight the user is looking for?
- The volume, shape and size of the room should be considered when choosing the velux roof windows of Shire Skylights Pty Ltd.
- Operation Method
Once the above factor has been considered, the next thing to look at is the operation method. This means that one should select the way the roof windows open. There are three ways out of which you could choose from;
- Centre pivot: in thy type, the top control bar allows the window to open easily even if any furniture or anything else has been kept underneath.
- Top hung: this type of window opens outwards and gives a clear view, making you feel like there’s an extra space.
- Integra: this type of window is perfect for out – of – reach – situations. This means that you can adjust the windows with respect to the controlling of ventilation, light and heat.
- Internal Finish
Once you have chosen the operation method, the next step is to figure out the type of internal finish you require. Just like operation method, the internal finish also consists of three types which include the following;
- White painted: this consists of water based white paint which is quiet long lasting along with a high quality pine.
- White polyurethane: this helps in protecting the timber core which makes it easier for the user to clean the windows. They are known to be perfect for rooms which are humid.
- Lacquered natural pine: if you are looking to set up your house with a traditional interior, this is your best option to go for as the warmth that comes with the natural pine makes it ideal for such appearance.